Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I'm Expecting!

Having a Baby - My experience of my daughters birth in the year 2000.
Having a baby is something so wonderful. I started getting ready for my baby before I got pregnant. I knew that I had to do whatever I could to prepare myself for this most interesting part of my life. First and most important was to eat as healthy as I could because there were many habits that I knew needed to be broken. I also knew that getting excercise would help me stay strong. There are all kinds of things that can go on when you get pregnant. Some are diabeties, and high blood pressure to name a few. Luckly that was not even an option for my well planned pregnancy. It was important to me as well as my baby to give her the best place to live.
I'm Expecting!
When I suspected that I might be pregnant it was April 21st. The test was showing two lines but one was slightly light. The next day I decided to take another test. At this point I was feeling anxious and hoping that the test was correct. The test confirmed that I was in fact pregnant. I was shocked and after several tests that I had taken and wanted badly to be a mom. I made a doctors appointment to confirm one last time.
The Date I Found Out
It was April 28th and at first I felt happy but was hoping the test were correct. My weight was 112 pounds. I had to pee in a cup so that they could confirm the pregnancy. A lot was done on this day. I given a pap test, she checked my breathing and felt my stomach. Then she took my blood pressure and calculated my due date. I was told not to run anymore during the pregnancy but to brisk walk. I would also be needing a TB shot and a blood test.

No comments: